- Divelog development is on hiatus. The last updates were in 2009. I still hope to some day do more work on this, but cannot promise when.
- The last version of Mac OS X with full functionality of Divelog is 10.7. It will run on later versions, but will not communicate with dive computers. So you can examine and hand-edit your dive log, but not import info in bulk.
- Version 1.3.2 is released, 21 February 2008. This is the preferred version. This contains only minor bug fixes from version 1.3.
- Keeps a logbook of key information about each of your dives
- Downloads profile information from your Suunto dive computer
- Computes your equivalent surface air consumption rate for each dive, as well as displaying tissue compartment saturation levels and NDLs for each point during a dive.
- Keeps track of your dive gear and reminds you when it is due for service
- Organizes pictures relating to each dive and can present slide shows
- Can print out information in a format suitable for adding to loose-leaf
log books from PADI and SSI
- Can import data from Suunto Dive Manager for the PC (versions 1 or 2)
- Self-contained program written in Java - does not modify your system or
load any additional libraries
- Version 1.3.2, released 21 February 2008 - 30 day free trial, or purchase for
- 1.4b1 - beta test (30 day free trial). Download
- Old versions: 1.3.1, 1.3, 1.3b4, 1.3b3, 1.3b2, 1.3b1, 1.2.2, 1.2.1, 1.2, 1.1, 1.0
See detailed information
Computers - all models of PowerPC and Intel Macintosh
Operating System - OS X version 10.3 or later. Tested on
10.3.3 through 10.6.1. Will probably work with version 10.2, though we
haven't tested that.
Dive Computers - many Suunto
computers: D9, D3, D6, Stinger,
Mosquito, Gekko, Cobra, Cobra 2, Vyper, Vytec, Vytec DS. DiveLog does not currently support the Vyper 2. ReefNet Sensus Ultra data logger. See
- Serial Cable: works with Suunto USB cables as well as the older
Suunto serial cable and aftermarket cables from Custom Idea and SmartInterface.
See the complete list .
- If you use a serial cable, you need a USB to Serial Adapter - It
should work with any adapter that has a Mac OS X driver. We have had the
best reliability with the Keyspan
PDA Adapter. See the complete list .
Please sign up for the Divelog-Announce mailing list to be
notified when new versions are available.
To report bugs or make suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the complete release notes for each version.